To configure anonymous authentication, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Under ComputerName (local computer) (where ComputerName is the name of the server), right-click Web Sites, and then click Properties.
- In the Web Sites Properties dialog box, click the Directory Security tab.
- Under Authentication and access control, click Edit.
- Click to select the Enable anonymous access check box (if it is not already selected).Note The user account in the User name box is used for anonymous access only, through the Windows guest account.
By default, the server creates and uses the account IUSR_ComputerName. The anonymous user account password is used only by Windows. Anonymous users do not log on by using a user name and password.
- Click OK two times.